Sales Management Services Overview
- Our salespeople are not selling up to their full potential.
- What specific actions do we need to take to help our sales team improve?
- How can we know if we have the right people in the right positions?
- Are our sales managers executing our business strategies as effectively as possible? (See our whitepaper on the current challenges facing salesforces, entitled “Death of a Salesforce.”
Sales Management: Assessments
The role of assessments in enabling the sorting of sale people, the design of training, and the on-going coaching and development of your team.
Here are the steps in the Resultrek assessment process:
Define the sales tasks and the ideal sales person profiles—the DNA of the ideal sales person Document the key elements of the sales strategies Identify the sales processes and systems Customize on-line surveys for sales people and sales managers Communicate with sales people and sales managers to assure cooperation Manage the administration of the on-line surveys
Sales Management Workshops
Based on the assessment of your sales team’s development opportunities, we will work with you to customize workshops. Resultrek has a series of best practice sales tools that we incorporate into the workshops to help your team apply the principles of value selling into their day-to-day work.
Sample tools for value selling training
The Relationship Assessment Job-tool
Economic value calculator job-tool
Buyer structure mapping job-tool
Opportunity planning job-tool
Efficient sales process
Sample Agenda for Value-selling workshop
Sales Management web-based courses
Sample Agenda for Value-selling workshop
- Forecasting Basics
- Intermediate Forecasting
- Advanced Forecasting (under development)
- Value Word Equations: Integrating quantified value propositions into the sales process
- Customer Investment Matching: Delivering the right level of value to each customer
- Relationship Mapping: The cornerstone of an effective account plan
- Opportunity Planning: Templates and Checklists to leave no stone unturned
- The Account Plan: Templates and Checklists to leave no stone unturned
- Business Review and Development meetings: The main tool in winning share of wallet
- Difficult Conversations: You’ve got the customer’s attention—here’s how to turn it to your advantage.
Free Sample: Have one of your Strategic Account Managers take our web-based course including assessing the quality of one of your strategic relationships
The cornerstone of B2B strategy is to create the right value for the right customer. Resultrek’s web-based course helps you develop and implement your strategy in two ways. First, it is a training course that presents principles and best practices. Second, it includes a self-diagnostic survey for one of your key account relationships. The training course shows you how to sort your customers according to the kind of relationship value they want, and how you can calibrate your performance versus the desired value.
First, sort your account relationships according to the level each wants:
In practice suppliers have a portfolio of customer relationships that range from transactional to alliances. This course and the self-diagnostic enable you to sort your accounts into their relationship level and identify the type of value each is looking for.
Second, identify gaps between your customer’s desired relationship and your investment in that relationship. If you are investing in the relationship at a lower level than the customer wants, that customer is at risk. If your investment is greater than the customer wants, you are overinvesting. The self- diagnostic will plot your current and potential relationship on this grid for your chosen account and see if your investment matches what the customer wants—that is, if you are “on the diagonal.”
This course and the self-diagnostic survey will uncover opportunities for you to adjust your investment in your most important relationships to “get on the diagonal.” You will identify the specific actions you can take to reduce churn and increase revenue for your most important relationships for each segment of your customer base.